An aptly organized business travel certainly includes extensive organization and also involves booking travel reservations at economical rates. The following guidelines have been laid out to help each one of us for our business travel preparation.
1) Preparation should start from the very beginning which means that as soon as you get the notice that you are scheduled for business travel, you should start making a to-do travel list. This list will actually enable you to be focused for your trip and will also allow you to tick off completed tasks as you reach your date of travel.
2) You can keep aside a separate large brown envelope whose purpose is to hold all the printouts related to confirmations of flight, hotel, and car rental reservations. This will make your itinerary packet.
3) Make inquiries to your business associate whom you are visiting during the course of your business travel on information about the hotels that lie close to your business destination. You can also inquire whether special hotel rates are provided to the visitors.
4) You should use the help of websites like expedia.com and priceline.com which can help you to book flight reservations, car rental and lodging and that too at very economical rates.
5) You can set up free accounts for frequent flyer miles and hotel points and you can update all your upcoming travel using these accounts. The miles and points can come handy while enabling you to receive free future reservations once it has been accumulated to a particular threshold.
6) You should printout the confirmation sheet of each and every reservation as soon as you make one and you should insert the same into your brown envelope.
7) Make sure that you always have all the necessary addresses and contact information of your lodging and meetings. You can also create round trip map searches for all the addresses.
8) You can search over the internet and can try to list out places of entertainment or for dining which you would like to visit on your travel. In this way, you can also research about the prices and locations and can vaguely chalk out your visits to the most prominent spots in the city.
9) In case, you do not intend to rent a car, the best thing to do would be to research cab and other transportation rates in the city you are traveling to.